Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Wikipedia

Search results

The Pentagong Show

The Pentagong Show
United State of Terror: Is Drone War Fair?

Monday, February 23, 2015

I Went to an Oscar Party.


And the Oscar MGMayer Wienner IS ...


I went to an Oscar party, just to piss off some old friends
A chance to share old memories and watch movie clips again
When I got to the Oscar party, they all knew my name
No one recognized me, I hadn't any fame.

It's just not right now, the whole thing's gone to hell
You see, Oscar thinks he's everyone, but he's not even himself.

People came from miles around, everyone was there
With Lupita Nyong'au Klein, there was magic in the air.
We heard bad news from the coroner, much to my surprise
Even Hollywood performers die, though they're immortalized.

Something's not right now, the whole thing's gone to hell
You see, now Oscar's just like everyone, he's just not like himself.

lott-in-dah-dah-dah, lot-in-dah-dah-dah

They replayed some old film reels, but most folks didn't care
They'd rather see Host Harris, posing in his underwear.
I said hello to Marianne, who could ask for Moore?
Although she won for the best actress, her "Thank you" was a bore.

It's not right now, the whole thing's gone to hell
You see, now Oscar's just like everyone, he can't even like himself.

lot-dah-dah-dah (lot-dah-dah-dah)
lot-in-dah-dah-dah

Stars walked down the Red Carpet, decked out in their Dior's
Despite Ferretti gowns and Bulgari crowns, they looked like 2-bit whores.
If you gotta host an Oscar party, I wish you a lotta luck
But if Calvin Klein's your fashion line, I'd rather drive a truck.

It's just not right now, the whole thing's gone to hell,
When you try to please everyone, you don't even please yourself.

No comments: